Backing up to multiple hard drives

I am trying to set up a backup system using memory sticks and an internal memory stick reader.

Here is what I want to accomplish:

I want to be able to back up all my data files nightly (incremental or full - does not matter to me which - only about 1GB of data) regardless of which memory stick I have in my PC. The only way I have been able to get this to work is to use "file backup" to the M: drive (the flash reader).

Is there a better way to do this? I am somewhat concerned about the "file backup" since all my data seems to be in a single file - would like to use the normal Restrospect backup set if possible.

I am relatively new to Retrospect (am using ver 6.5).

Thanks

Russ

I am aware of the "duplicate" option. I want to take advantage of compression though.

Is there a way to do that in Retrospect, or would I be better off using a compressed folder (the PC in question is Windows XP)?

Quote:

I am aware of the "duplicate" option. I want to take advantage of compression though.

Is there a way to do that in Retrospect, or would I be better off using a compressed folder (the PC in question is Windows XP)?

All Retro backups are created in a single file. Only Duplicate preserves the 'normal' structure. If you want compression and maintain normal folder/file structure, you have to apply/engage compression separately. Using a compressed folder sounds like an idea, however, I have not tried it - can't say if there would be any issues.

HTH

Archived