Backup Script Help!!!

I am trying to setup a backup strategy using four backup tapes and Retrospect Express 5.6. My goal is to perform a recycle or new media backup once a week (Thursday night), and then normal or incremental backups every week day (Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri night). Then, once a week (Thursday morning) I want to switch tapes rotating the four tapes every four weeks. Is this possible? Please give me advice in setting up the backup script, or any other suggestions on how I might be able to make it work better. I tried setting up a script for this operation, but had no success. Maybe someone could think of a better strategy using the four tapes. I only want to have to change the tapes once a week. Thanks!

My opinion is that it's not productive to decide how many tapes you want to use for your backup ahead of time.

Decide what kind of schedule you want, then see how many tapes that ends up using, is my advice.

How many Backup Sets do you want? I have two Weekly sets, a Weekly A and a Weekly B, and they alternate.

Archived