Date resetting to 2036

I have Retrospect 5.0.203 on Mac 8100/80 OS 9.0. I am backing up a couple of OS 9 machines and a couple of Mac OS X machines. I have a schedule set to startup Retrospect and perform a script once a day. For some time the machine resets the date to 2/7/2036. This was occuring on another machine. I've put a new battery in the current machine. The machines are on all the time. Some on UPSs, not all but no know power outages.

Does this ring a bell with anyone. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am seeing the same problem with Retrospect 5.0.205 running on a PowerMac 7100/66 under OS 9.0.4. Every other day or so the system date jumps forward to 2036. The network time server sets it back to the correct date, but Retrospect has changed the next execution times for scripts to 2036 so they don't run (until the date jumps forward again). The machine is never powered down so I don't think this is a battery issue...

Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing. Power is on all the time (although others have suggested a bad battery could be a problem - I've tried a new battery). With Retrospect schedule reset to 2036 it takes a manual reset to fix the schedule. I've been OK for about a week yet at other times it reset maybe once to twice a day. No answer yet.

Archived