Backup Strategy with Single Server Windows

HI!

Does anyone help me with a backup strategy setup.

Retrospect Single Server is installed on a PC. I would like to backup files from a mac with an external Raid HD to DLT tapes.

What I want to do is a full backup during the entire weekend and every day of the week an incremental backup. And so on every week and weekend until all my 40 DLT tapes are full.

The setup for the incremental backup are easy to understand.

But when I want to choose the full backup, I can only make a recyclable backup wich means that all datas will be remove from the tapes. Or also choose to do it on a new tape or with a new catalog.

How can I do to backup all my 40 DLT and then begin to the Nr1 and stil got the data on the other tapes?

Thanks tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Yves

FRENCH VERSION –––––––––––––––––

Il s'agit de paramétrer le logiciel pour une stratégie de sauvegarde d'un serveur MAC en client sur la version Windows Single Server.

Mon but et de faire un backup complet tous les samedi dans la nuit et tous les soirs de la semaine un incrémentiel.

Et ainsi de suite, sans effacer les données déjà inscrites sur les tapes précédents.

De plus mon nombre de support est limité à 40 DLT et je voudrais qu'à la fin des supports il efface le support No1 et les suivants en n'utilisant que ces 40 DLT.

Pas de soucis pour les incrémentiels, les réglages sont simples.

Par contre pour les backup complets me posent problèmes car je ne veux ni créer de nouveaux jeux, ni de nouveau membre, ni faire un recyclage du jeu existant.

Je sèche un peu quand à la manière dont je pourrais le faire.

Archived