I've just bought myself an Apple Iam (with superdrive) and Retrospect Backup for Desktop and a couple of DVD-RW's.

I am trying to create a backup. I do not know how to replace the first DVD-RW (written by Retrospect) with an empty one. Retrospect ejects the full DVD-RW but I can't figure out how to close the drive with an empty DVD-RW. (Eject on the keyboard does not work, eject ont Retrospect does not work and "proceed" complains that there is no media available).

Regards, Ruud.

To close the CD tray, you can give the tray door a gentle tap (or nudge) inwards. This will signal the drive to close the door the rest of the way. This is totally safe and will not hurt the drive.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Thanks! maybe I was too gentle with my new IMac ;) One remark: why not make the "eject" buttom on Retrospect have two functions: eject when te door is closed and close when the tray is open. That sounds more logical to me.

My solution was to ego into "sleep" mode on my Imac: When entering sleep mode, the CD door is automatically closed and after "wake up" Retrospect can go on with the next CD.

regards, Ruud.

Archived