Retrospect 7 Upgrade and Iomega REV drive

I'v been using Retrospect 6.5 with my REV drive on my Windows Storage Server 2003 for many months now. I just upgraded to 7.0 and Retrospect no longer sees the drive. Under device manager, the file system type for the drive is REV UDF, which is what it should be, and also it is listed under Devices With Removable Storage. The device is seen by Retrospect in the Volumes sections, and file system type under properties there says UDF. I've updated Retrospect using the latest update file, 703.101, but still no luck.

No solution or help as of yet. I had to uninstall 7 and re-sinstall 6.5. What's worse is that when 7 installed, it modified my backup sets catalogs to "version 7" and when I rolled back to 6.5 it couldn't read the catalog files - causing me to recreate the catalogs based on all the backup disks I had. Big pain.

Hi,

You may need to go to Configure > Devices > Environment > Right click the Rev drive and set it to "Ignore".

Otherwise, I believe Retrospect sees the Rev drive as a CD/DVD drive.

Also, please be sure you have the latest Windows drivers for the Rev drive as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived