retrospect and Jaz drive

I have had no success trying to make an immediate back up (Mac) to a Jaz drive using Retrospect. I have used two versions of Retrospect, two computers, two Jaz drives and four different good disks. I have used reformatted disks using Mac extended and regular formating but the result is always the same- it won't work. Dantz's feedback is indifferent on this matter, saying that it is not their problem (the Jaz is being accessed by different sources) but I feel it is. My suggestion is, don't try to back up to a Jaz drive. It won't work! Retrospect is good for network back up but not for removable drives, despite claims to the contrary.

It's difficult to offer any suggestions without a little bit of detail on your configuration.

Retrospect Version?

Computer Model and speed?

Operating System version?

Device interface?

Other Devices?

What is the error that you are getting? What is the explanation that was offered?

You have already replied to my original post, Irena, but there was no useful information in your reply. I just can't use any of my Jaz machines or disks using Retrospect 4.0 or 4.3. I have tried on a variety of computers running Mac OS 8.6, 9.0.4 and 9.1. These on Apple G4, 5400's, iMac, etc. It just doesn't work. But what does it matter? I bought retrospect to be able to back up to Jaz drives, the manual says I can, but it won't work. Look at my last post.

Archived