Update the Disaster Recovery Disc???

Saltair

I have Retrospect 6.5 & do weekly immediate backups to my Maxtor external hard drive, alternating between 3 backup sets. I am in the process of doing recycle backups for the first time & renewing my Disaster Recovery cd's as I go along.

Is there a way to update the iso file on the cd instead of erasing it & starting again as I have been doing? Can anybody help here?

I have been fortunate enough to get error-free backups every time since I installed Retrospect 6 months ago but have found that the Maxtor could do with a defrag every 5 weeks or so as there are lots of fragmented files (many more than on my internal drive). Is this normal for an external drive?

Although Dantz denies the problem, ever since an RDU that was issued sometime in Nov/Dec 2003, defragmentation of the backup set has been awful.

When one does a Recycle backup, other things being equal, the new recycled backup set should suffer from little, or no fragmentation, but the recycled backup set is almost entirely fragmented.

I raised this issue some time ago, dantz denies the problem.

Unless you've changed the ;ogical drive setup, or backup devices, as far as I know, there's no reason to recreate the DR CD each time you do a recycle backup. You can choose the backup set to be used during a DR.

Archived