Question with backup files

dditillo

I am using express 6.5 and have a daily normal back of my documents folder to another drive. I was told that normal just copies the files that have changed yet i find backup files each day and the total number og backup files far outweighs the size of the original. Do i need to retain all the files or just the last backup ?

You have to retain the entire backup set.

The backup set includes each version of every file backed up since you last did a Recyke backup with that backup set.

It is a good idea to have, at least 2 backup sets, each on its own media, then yi can alternate between the two, Recycling each as desired.

Use the new grooming function of 7.0. When your disk backup set fills up, Retrospect will automatically drop the older backups to make room for new ones. The default behaviour is "keep the last backup of each source for every day in the last week, for each week in the last month, and for each previous month, in that order. At a minimum, for each source, retain the last backup performed each day for the two most recent days."

Archived