Can't uninstall 7.0

jelenko

Thanks. But, I'm running Win XP. IE is 6.0

FWIW, I've gone thru the Registry twice - once deleting all keys, values, etc with Dantz. Second time deleting all keys, values, etc that had a long alpha/numeric that was in the first set. Then deleting Dantz under Program Files and Retrospect under Documents and Settings, etc.

Was able to reinstall 6.5 with no problems. Nothing else seems broken - yet.

• 3 months later...

I have exactly the same problem described above.

I cannot uninstall 7.0, Installer gives the following error message...

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Then it just finish without uninstall retrospect 7.0

My computer is a WinXP/PRO SP2 + latest hotfixes. I've noticed the same issue using a second machine (also XP). Of course IE is the latest version. Also tried Windows Installer cleaning utility (released by MS) to clean installation info and then reinstall Retrospect 7. Still no success, it looks that i cannot remove v7 from my computer, at least using Dantz uninstaller.

I tried to reinstall program but still cannot uninstall it. AFAIK this error means that there is a problem with custom Windows Installer action, written by author.

Do you have any solution or should I remove the whole Retrospect manually ? mad.gif

Hi,

Do you have the Windows firewall service disabled by any chance?

You can go to Start > Run > type "msconfig" > Services tab > check to see if the "Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)" service is unchecked.

If it is unchecked, please check it and restart your system and then see if you can uninstall.

Archived