Missing snapshots

arnstein

I have a backup script that backs up 4 disk partitions. I have used this script three times. The script backs up to a backup set named "Vtape 9-10." I examine the state of "Vtape 9-10" using Retrospect's Configure/Backup Sets tab.

I see that the backup set "Vtape 9-10" has 12 sessions on it, as expected: 4 disk partitions times 3 executions of the backup script. However, I see only 4 snapshots. The date of each snapshot is the date of the most recent execution of the backup script.

This means that I can only restore to the state of the 4 disk partitions on the date of the most recent execution of the backup script "Vtape 9-10," right?

How can I configure Retrospect to save snapshots for each execution of the backup script?

If you click on "Add Snapshot" you will see all Snapshots for a backup set. Older snapshots will need to be 'retrieved' from the media by using "Add Snapshot".

In Retrospect 7.0 if you are using Grooming with Disk backup sets you may see a mix of new and old snapshots in the catalog.

Archived