HP Disk Incompatibility?

Hello, my first post. I have a G5iMac with superdrive. I can use Retrospect 6.0 to back up on CD-R but cannot on a DVD-hp DVD+r8X. I recieve a screen saying "The disk is write protected. Please unlock it and try again."

After trying 5 different disks no success. What may be the problem? I am able to burn music and burn individual files onto the disks...but not by using Retrospect. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Craig

I do hope Dantz tech people read through these "challenges" posed by users of their product.

Here is an answer to my own post. Just waited 1 hour and 5 minutes to finally get through to technichal support. I was told by the very pleasant rep. that the iMac G5 superdrive Matshita DVD-R UJ-825

Version DBN7 Driver: Panasonic CD-RW (5.11) IS NOT SUPPORTED BY RETROSPECT (not in the new drive update). They are working on it. So, HP DVD+r 8X disks are not supported by Retrospect V. 6.02.04 and won't be until a future drive update perhaps as long as 2 months per the rep. This has been a good product for me. To back up onto CD's is too laborious and will find another medium or another product.

Craig

Archived