RS Can't "See" FW Drive

On a G3 Pismo PB running 10.1.3 and Retrospect 5 [Workgroup], RS fails to "see" the external FW drive [my Pismo's former 6gig internal drive that I've put in a 2.5" enclosure] in its Configure->Storage Devices window, even after I rescan the bus.

I did choose "file" for a backup set, and I've experienced no problems with this drive when booting in 9.2 and using an older version of RS Express.

In the Configure->Volumes->Volumes Database window, Retrospect lists the FW drive among the other volumes, however, and this FW drive mounts on OS10's desktop [i formatted the drive with 10's Drive Utility].

Thank you for any help in resolving this perplexing problem.

Mike

An external hard drive should *not* show up as a device to Retrospect. You should save a file backup set to that drive, and you can do this as long as you can see the drive in the Finder. It's normal for it not to show up as a backup device though.

Thank you, Irena, for responding; I discovered by experimentation exactly what you said, as I saved the file backup set information to the external drive. However, in RS's progress window, the attempt to backup failed with an "Execution Incomplete" message.

Any advice?

Mike

Archived