ALL clients not visible

tsitler

Help! I have Retrospect 4.3 running on a PowerPC and backing up both Mac and PC clients. This system has been running well for over a year. We moved from static IP address to a DHCP server in January. Everything was still working. This morning, I turned the backup machine off for about 2 hours and turned it back on. Now it claims that none of the clients are visible on the network, even though I can connect to them over AppleShare, so they are there! I didn't change anything in Retrospect and the client machines say they are ready. What happened and how do I fix it? - Tracy

• 2 weeks later...

AppleShare is different from TCP/IP. It's possible that your Appletalk connection is working, but your TCP/IP connections aren't.

Do you remember how you added these clients originally? If you added them through IP address originally and now the IP addresses have changed, Retrospect won't be able to connect to those clients any longer.

Also, check that the backup computer is obtaining a valid IP address (from the TCP/IP control panel).

Archived