Intermittently Failing Autostart

I have been seeing a problem with the new version under OS X. For no discernable reason, it simply does not autostart some nights. I have it set to back up at 10:00 PM. Sleep is set to "never" and the computer is basically idle. If I come in and start checking email or whatever, nothing happens. If I start Retrospect, it suddenly starts counting down to the backup and then runs normally (except, because it's not unattended, no shutdown at the end). I have checked the script and there is nothing different about certain nights of the week -- it's set to run Mon-Fri. The worst thing is that it's intermittent, so I never know if it will work or not, and there is no constant across these instances that I can find.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling (keep your preferences file) to reinstall the RetroRun process. Are there any other scripts set to execute? Do you leave the computer logged out?

Whate version of Retrospect? What version of the OS?

Thanks for your response. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. There are no other scripts set to run. I am not logged out preparatory to running the script -- should I be?

Version 5.0.201 of Retrospect. Mac OS X 10.1.4.

Archived