Client Updater for 5.0.205

jwarthman

I have posted this question in two other forums, but received no answers. Perhaps this is the best place to get an answer, and as they say, "threee's a charm"! :-)

I have updated my workgroup edition to 5.0.205, but the updater doesn't seem to install any updated clients. How do we bring our Mac (OS X and OS 9) and Windows clients up to date?

For that matter, what is the latest version of the client software for these platforms?

Thanks!

-- Jim Warthman

Jim,

You don't have to have your clients in perfect sync with the version of the server e.g. I use v3. and various v.4 clients with server 4.3. Mac

(In the following I'm endeavouring to answer you - can't promise accuracy.) V.5 server is more restrictive - the clients must be TCP/IP, I think. And v.5 clients are required on OS X. That said, I suspect you can happily run v4. Mac clients (not on OS X) and v5.6 Win clients with v5.0 server.

I can't see any 5.0 client updates in ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/

Pfyfe,

Thanks for your thoughts!

I've been running Retrospect 5 since it first shipped. My clients are all up-to-date with that initial version.

What I'm looking for is some "official" feedback from Dantz to define what clients can be/should be used with this latest version of Workgroup.

Enjoy!

-- Jim

I'd also like to know what the lates version of the client is. I updated a bunch of Mac OS 9 clients a few weeks ago & they show as 5.0.201. I apparently trashed the installer for that & the one I just downloaded from Dantz is an older version.

Archived