Client Password

timgrizzle

Ok, first time Dantz user here. Supporting a company that recently introduced Professional 6.5 for Windows XP Professional (server) and two XP Professional clients. Company states the backup "used to" work correctly, as the DVD would automatically eject. They didn't ever validate the backup worked. So, I ran several test backups, none ever working correctly (either backing up data or ejecting). Found out that we needed to update the workstation clients due to previous XP SP2 installation.

I deleted all instances of the backup routines and the clients, and created a new one. While trying to add the clients (which Retro server "sees"), it always asks me for a client password. I've entered the user's password for both machines, neither works. I've tried numerous historical passwords the user's remember, but still no joy. It eventually registers an error 702, which doesn't help much (password not entered in given time limit).

Any and all relevent suggestions are welcome....!!!

Tim

doh.gif

You should be able to go to the *client* machine, delete the client app, then reinstall it at which point it will ask you what password you want to use. After the (new) client is installed with a new password, go back to the server and set things up for that client.

Archived