Does anyone have a copy of the Adaptec 39160 driver that I can get a copy of. I installed Adaptec's driver and then unistalled it (both 1.0.2 and 1.1), but apparently I don't have a copy of Apple's driver around. I'm having the same trouble with my 39160 card that I had with the 29160. My Cybernetics CY-A100 drive chokes every time Retrospect 5.0.205 tries to perform a varification. As I seem to have tried everything else, at this point my only option is to try to reinstall Apple's driver.

• 3 months later...

I have installed the 1.0.0 driver. I grabbed it from another OS X box. Can you tell me, is the 1.1 driver approved for use with this configuration? I haven't seen anything suggesting it is not. The mechanism in the CY-A100 drive is a Sony SDX-700c according to my system profiler. Is PD39160 driver 1.1 supposed to work with this drive?

Problem is I'm only getting 335 MB/min trnsfer rates with the 1.0.0 driver, where I was getting > 750 MB/min with the 1.1 driver. The 1.1 driver does seem to work well for several days before it starts acting up.

Please help!

Archived