"Retrospect cannot use:" Retrospect won't use any drives! 6.5 Pro - HELP

KeenR1214

I am trying to use Retrospect 6.5 Pro - I just purchased it and went to detect drives. It gives me a message when doing a device scan saying:

"Retrospect cannot use : NEC DVD+RW, ID 2 because it does not have a drive letter assigned. To use the drive, quite and relaunch Retrospect after you assign a drive letter to your drive."

It gives me the same message for my cd drive too!

I don't know what is wrong - both drives have letters, both drives have never had problems before.

This makes me sick - I spent $160 on a produict I heard to be quality and it dosn't even work with either drive! And to top it off I have to pay another 65 just to have a tech person take my call!

Help would be appreciated.

PS> WHen I try to configure the application I get a Fatal error and the application crashes out - "Retrospect has encountered a serious error: Assertion failure at "module.cpp-457" ....

HELP HELP

If you're running under XP (or W2K I thnk), you night try switching from the default ASPI to NT Passthru. I've had better luck on several machines, esp. with CDRW drives. There's some info in the following thread:

http://forums.dantz.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=professional&Number=20277&Forum=All_Forums&Words=NT%20Passthru&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=20276&Search=true#Post20277

Archived