Restore All Files in 8.2 fails

I have been unable in repeated attempts to get Retro 8.2 past the deleting files on destination media stage when trying to restore all files on a new disk.

First attempting a manual Restore- selecting a full restore manually (source, backup media, destination), I get an empty destination in a script and a failed attempt in the activity list.

Next attempt, since full restore didn't work, I installed an OS on the empty formatted target drive, then told Retro to restore all files, but not a full disk restore, rather all files with overwrite.

This works the same, however taking seemingly as long (or maybe never) deleting 18GB off the drive, I don't know what, if anything, I will wind up with. Deleting takes hours. I did install a system on the new drive, but not a current one.

I went by the User Manual descriptions and it doesn't work as described.

So it looks like there are two problems:

• Manual Restore of an entire disk does nothing.
  • Building and trying to use a Restore script that can be saved, results in no files restored. It quits in the "...Deleting files" step on the the target disk.

2nd attempt gets to roughly the same amount of data (12.2GB) and gives the following error:

+ Restore using New Script at 12/21/10 (Activity Thread 1)

12/21/10 00:30:01 : Connected to BubbaMacPro

To volume BubbaMac 500GB on BubbaMacPro...

- 12/21/10 00:30:01 : Restoring from RS8 Daily Backup Set 7, Snapshot BubbaMacPro, 12/20/10 22:00:01

> !Trouble writing files, error -557 ( transaction already complete)

12/21/10 01:57:03 : Execution incomplete

Remaining: 982526 files, 202.1 GB

Completed: 157651 files, 12.2 GB

Performance: 236.6 MB/minute

Duration: 01:27:02 (00:34:15 idle/loading/preparing)