Can't Restore Backups

Retrospect express HD definitely had some issues in terms of stability and had its fair share of issues. I would download the trial version of 7.7 from www.retrospect.com/try since you can not download and use the 2.5 version of HD(it requires a different license). You want to try the professional version and it will give you 30 days of full functionality.

You will have to do a catalog rebuild with 7.7 before going through a restore, if you go to kb.dantz.com and click on the Retrospect 7.X training videos there is a video that will show you how to do that and there are also videos that show you how go through a restore.

• 2 weeks later...
Can Retrospect read/write to a fiber TL4000 tape library?

According to the device support database, yes:

http://www.retrospect.com/supportupdates/technical/retrospect/search/?q=tl4000

Can the client restore backups on their own without having to interface with the server?

Yes, but it requires the "User Initiated Restore" add-on, and only works for backups to hard disk (not tapes).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Since www.retrospect.com doesn't resolve anymore, where can I find the above device support DB? I posted a question on TL2000 w/LTO5 SAS, this post gives me hope it is actually supported. Time is an issue, as I need to make a purchase decision quite soon, and we may have to abandon Retrospect if it doesn't keep up with device support.