I am running copies of retrospect 6.1 on two G5 Macs with 10.5.8, and would like to centralize the database on our server, which would include the Back Up Set Catalog files and the scripts.

Is there a way to combine the scripts so all that were formerly on separate computers can be accessed from one point on the server by both computers?

No, if I understand that you want to keep two copies of Retrospect running, both accessing the centralized scripts, etc.

To do what you seem to want, you would need to upgrade to Retrospect 8, with the Retrospect Console running on the two computers, and the Retrospect engine running on the server.

Unfortunately, there is no way to import scripts, so you will have to manually recreate the scripts and sources, etc., and you will have to convert the Retrospect 6.1 backup sets to Retrospect 8 media sets. See the Retrospect 8 Read Me for details.

By the way, don't bother with the released Retrospect 8.0 or 8.1 - they are too buggy. Go directly to the Retrospect 8.2 beta.

Russ