Retrospect dont transfer all snapshots

Hi,

i have the following problem:

we have a b2d2t-strategy and backup the first day a complete backup to disk, and the rest of the week incremental. The next week we transfer the backup to tape. If i look at the b2t-backup set there is only one snapshot of each server. Why the transfer dont work?

Thanks!

We transfer our backups by "transfer backup sets" with skripts, there isnt this option.

Ok, then let's step back a bit.

Please explain fully and exactly what you are doing, and what version of Retrospect (x.x.x) you have. Perhaps posting some screen shots would help. See: Forum Attachment Rules Change

Why the transfer dont work?

Define "don't work" and the behavior you expect.

Russ

Hi,

the Version of our Retrospect: 7.6.2.101

Our Backup-Strategy:

The B2D:

Sa - complete backup

Su - Fr incremental Backups

The B2T:

the next Mo - transfer the B2D-Backup-Set to a B2T-Backup-Set

What dont work:

When i want to restore something the backup-set only displays one Snaphot, the incremental Backups are missing.

What i expect:

The backup-set should show me all Snapshots?

Thanks!

The Tools > Transfer Snapshots is really an admin option, not something yo uwould normally schedule a duplication of data.

If you head into the Automate > Manage Scripts and then create a new one, you have scriptable options to Transfer Backups Sets and Snapshots which are the options Lennart is referring to.

Rich

Hi,

if you go to: Tools - Transfer Backup Sets ...and then ist there an option named like this...

I see.

I never saw any reason to "Transfer backup set" and never used it.

I always use "Transfer snapshots". There you have all the options you want.

Anyway, on a tape backup set you normally see only the last snapshot. If you look at the tape backup set properties, snapshots pane. There is an "Add..." button. You can use that to see what snapshots there really is on the tape.