Please Help me error -1127

devilcs

How do I fix error

[color:red]"Scanning incomplete, error -1127 (data error detected in file using cyclic redundancy check)"[/color]

I use in windows server 2003 R2 and backup on lan from another server.

Before I backup complete everyday but yesterday log file alert to error -1127.

How to fix is problem ?

Please Help me... :confused2:

Edited by Guest

In order to help you, it's probably a good idea to post more information, like what version of Retrospect you are using, what client version you are using. How your backup is set up, what hardware and OS-es are involved, etc. Also post some more of the log.

It's a little bit more work, but it will increase your chances of succes tremendously, as we fellow retrospect forum users are regrettably still unable to read minds, especially from a large distance.

Remember, even if the SMART status is okay, there could still be errors on your hard disk. According to the statistics about 64% of the errors can be detected by SMART. However some errors do not trip SMART warning status.

A complete scan with a manufacturers disk tool can reveal these. The tools are free and downloadable from your hard disk's manufacturers website.

Btw, in my life I have seen many drives fail. Most of them never reported SMART warning/error status. So take the 64% figure with a large grain of salt. It can be convenient, but do not rely on it.

• 4 weeks later...