6.5 System State Backup

I have a Windows 2003 Server SP1 using Retrospect 6.5.382 Multiserver. The backup script options under Windows>System have Back Up System State checked; and I am backing up the Windows directory. However, I am receiving an error message in my Windows Directory Services event log.

Please advise.

This is the error:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: NTDS Replication

Event Category: Backup

Event ID: 2089

Date: 12/11/2006

Time: 12:02:26 PM

User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON

Computer: xxxxx

Description:

This directory partition has not been backed up since at least the following number of days.

Directory partition:

DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=xxx,DC=xx

'Backup latency interval' (days):

It is recommended that you take a backup as often as possible to recover from accidental loss of data. However if you haven't taken a backup since at least the 'backup latency interval' number of days, this message will be logged every day until a backup is taken. You can take a backup of any replica that holds this partition.

By default the 'Backup latency interval' is set to half the 'Tombstone Lifetime Interval'. If you want to change the default 'Backup latency interval', you could do so by adding the following registry key.

'Backup latency interval' (days) registry key:

System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters\Backup Latency Threshold (days)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Will

Bright Solutions