Retrosepct App (17.0.2) on Backup Server Keeps Freezing

Hi,

When ever I open the app to look at my backups it startas OK and shows backups running (ProActive at the moment) but then freezes. I then have to Froce Quit the Retrosopect App and then try and restart the engine. Sometimes the only way to restart the engine is to restart the Mac. I have reinstalled Retrospect numerous times but still get the freeze issue. My macOS 10.15.5.

On 6/30/2020 at 4:36 PM, francisbrand said:

When ever I open the app to look at my backups it startas OK and shows backups running (ProActive at the moment) but then freezes.

Which freezes -- the Console app or Retrospect Engine (or both)? Do you have access to a second Mac you could run the console app from instead? If so, what happens? Is there time to disable some or all of your scripts? If so, turn all scripts off (you may need to crashed/restart a few times to get this done if you have a lot) and see if the crash happens even when the Engine is "idle".

OS Console logs would be useful here -- probably the easiest way, since we don't know what we're looking for, is to note the time you launch the RS Console app and the time everything crashes, then filter to between those times and look for anything relevant.

As David says, if v17 is a recent purchase/upgrade then raise a support case and let them do the hard work! But the more information you can provide the quicker the resolution.