Retro 7.7 Win - Disaster Recovery CD process not installing LAN driver correctly

x509

I thought I started this thread last night but it didn't show up in the forum list.  Apologies if this post is a duplicate.

The SSD in my wife's system died two days ago. I'm still on Retro 7.7 Professional.  All systems in my LAN are Win 7 64 Pro.  Yesterday I tried to use the new Emergency Recovery CD that does with 7.7.  Everythjing worked fine until I had to enter a LAN drive INF name.  To be sure I had the correct driver for the ASUS motherboard, I downloaded the latest driver from the ASUS website, copied the driver onto a USB drive on my system, then imported the INF file directly from the USB drive on the system needing recovery.

I got an error message, the driver could not load. I picked a different driver, not the correct one, from a list in /WINDOWS/INF, and that driver loaded OK.  However, I was not able to establish a UNC path to the Retrospect "server," which is my system.

So I thought I would create a recovery CD using the instructions in Chapter 8 of the main Retrospect manual.  There is no more support for that feature.

So what should I/can I do now?

x509

You could install EXACTLY the same version of Windows as you had on that SSD before the crash, including all the updates you had.

Then install the Retrospect Client software on that computer.

Finally, restore an entire disk from the Retrospect Server onto that client.

I'm sure this is described in the manual somewhere. It is the procedure I have always used.

You could install EXACTLY the same version of Windows as you had on that SSD before the crash, including all the updates you had.

Then install the Retrospect Client software on that computer.

Finally, restore an entire disk from the Retrospect Server onto that client.

I'm sure this is described in the manual somewhere. It is the procedure I have always used.

Lennart,

Thanks for this procedure.  It's more work than if that Recovery CD worked, but at least I have a solution that doesn't involve reloading all the various applications from scratch, etc.

x509