Problem with Retrospect 8.0 for Windows, single server, and the Windows client 8.0/8.1.0 – who can help us?

Problem with Retrospect 8.0 for Windows, single server, and the Windows client 8.0/8.1.0 – who can help us?

Here is the history of our problem, and so far we are not going anywhere.

On 2/12/2013, We received the licenses which we ordered for the new version of Retrospect 8.0.

On 2/18/2013, there is an error on the Retrospect server 8.0 as:

“Retrospect has encountered a serious error: Assertion failure at "grx.cpp-1089"

A log of this error has been written to the file "assert-log.utx".

On 2/19/2013, I received the following instructions from Retrospect team:

“The error that you are receiving is a known bug within Retrospect. We have created a build to fix this issue. Please refer to the link below which will take to you a knowledgebase article on fixing this issue.

http://kb.retrospect.com/articles/en_US/Retrospect_Article/grx-assert

But, by applying the fix, it effectively killed (failed) 80% of all our remote client daily backup operation.

I was told that a fix will be released at the end of this month, which means the new Retrospect software that we purchased since 2/12/2013 will not be fully functional until more than one and half months later.

Is there anyone had the similar problem or am I the only one in the world have this misery?

HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Error message showing on the Retrospect server for failed backup job is "error messages "Can't access volume on xxxxPC, error - 523 (service transaction error),"

I have already manually uninstall and reinstall the client 8.1 on a few client machines (Win XP or Win 7), but some of the client machine's backup jobs still gave the same error messages "Can't access volume on xxxxPC, error - 523 (service transaction error).

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you don't upgrade 8.0 clients to 8.1 over the top - you'll get problems still. Each machine one your network needs to be manually uninstalled and reinstalled, ideally with a reboot in the middle and after. Retrospect didn't see this as being a problem, so haven't released an RDC (?) (automated client update file).