proactive backups that don't run

I've seen mentions of this issue in the Retro8 forums, with no real solution mentioned. Symptoms are basically the same.

• proactive scripts not running for some users

• other proactive scripts working fine

• status = "not yet determined"

• clients are available - can browse & refresh

• seemingly no mention in the logs

I have about 15 clients sitting with no updates in 7 days and no idea how to troubleshoot this further. I've enabled the proactive_backup_log, but it's fairly unreadable.

Thanks for any tips.

I don't quite get it.

Do you have scripts with both clients that work and clients that doesn't work?

Or is some scripts having problems with all clients? While other scripts have no problems at all?

How many scripts do you have?

How many clients in each script?

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem with the Mac version of Retro 10. Currently there is one proactive script with 7 client sources (some are desktops and others are laptops). I have only the clients "User Folder" set to backup. All have the current version of the client software. One iMac has the RetroISA problem using most of the CPU slowing the entire iMac down.

We are ready to give up on Retrospect as it has had serious reliability problems since way back, version 8. I'm not sure how to do a manual backup of an individual client that is part of a proactive script.

• Like 1

I have the same problem with the Mac version of Retro 10.

More details would be helpful as to what you see, what you tried to fix the issue, and what hardware/software you're running.

I'm not sure how to do a manual backup of an individual client that is part of a proactive script.

Any source can be included in multiple scripts. The easiest approach is probably to click on the "Backup" icon at the top left of the main Retrospect window and follow the prompts to create a regular backup script. You can either schedule this script or run it manually, as you choose.

Same problem here using a proactive script on Mac retrospect 10.0.1 (105). It just will not run. Run button is grayed out. Only solution was to completely remove Config80.dat and Config80.bak which, essentially, forced me to rebuild server. Proactive ran for about a month after that. Other weirdness forced me to restart server resulting in non-functional proactive script. Again!

I have one script with all my clients (approx 100). Client software includes 10.0.0.174, 9.0.2.102, 6.3.028, 6.2.234, 6.0.110. Script schedule says everyday of the week From 12:00AM To 12:00AM - the default for a proactive script. Tried waiting a few days. Nothing.