Cannot Add Rule

According to the documentation, I should be able to add a rule to a script by clicking on the plus sign below the list of rules. The attached screenshot shows there is no plus sign below the list of rules. Is there something else I should be looking for? The plus sign in lower left corner adds a another server. The plus sign above the scripts adds another script.

According to the documentation, I should be able to add a rule to a script by clicking on the plus sign below the list of rules.

The list of rules that appears in a script's window are the rules that have already been created. To create a new rule, you need to go to Preferences> Rules. There are some oddities about the rule writing/editing process in Retrospect 8.x, such as that one cannot create an AND condition at the root level of a rule, but only at the level of a subcondition.

I seem to have missed a checkbox or something for notification. Thanks to those who responded. It seems somewhat anti-intuitive that one cannot create a rule on the same page where a rule can be added but I'm only a programmer. Fortunately, I didn't have to attempt an AND at the top level because I would have tried it for sure and failed. Quirky but functional, which is good enough.

Thanks again.