Maperror: Unknown Windows Error -1,017

Hi, I'm starting to research below consistent Retrospect error that has popped up in the operations log. I've created a test backup script and confirmed I can recreate below error and is not dependent on a specific script. I suspect it has something to do with the state of the Windows 2003 servers vss (Volume Shadowcopy service) state, but not exactly sure. There were no shadowcopies ever configured on this server (never enabled feature), but I've just created a new shadow copy schedule for the below C drive to see if it might clear up some issue with the specific files quota.md and quota.xml. I was just wondering if anyone might have any input from a Retrospect perspective. Thanks in advance, Mark

- 3/9/2011 2:40:47 PM: Copying OS (C:)

MapError: unknown Windows error -1,017

xpmlStoreMetadata: couldn't copy file "\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy6\System Volume Information\SRM\quota.md" to the state folder "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec-1\State\MetaInfo\writer0000\comp0001\file0000", osErr -1017, error -1001

MapError: unknown Windows error -1,017

xpmlStoreMetadata: couldn't copy file "\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy6\System Volume Information\SRM\quota.xml" to the state folder "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec-1\State\MetaInfo\writer0000\comp0001\file0001", osErr -1017, error -1001

3/9/2011 2:52:43 PM: Snapshot stored, 135.0 MB

3/9/2011 2:53:44 PM: Execution completed successfully

Completed: 790 files, 3.4 GB, with 26% compression

Performance: 393.6 MB/minute

Duration: 00:12:57 (00:04:12 idle/loading/preparing)

• 5 months later...