Auto shutdown on windows, where is it?

reva

Hi, Just bought 6.5 prof. for windows.

I remember when using this program in my apple/mac days there was an option (on the client at least) that the computer would automaticly shut down after it completed the backup.

Is this also possible with the windows version?, I can't find it. Or if not why not and are there programs which can do this insteed perhaps?

Thanks..

Under Preferences -> Execution -> Startup you can choose the behavior (Stay, Quit, Log Off, Restart, Shutdown) of Retro at the end of a backup execution *and* as long as no other backups are scheduled within your backup "look ahead time." One could argue that this isn't a "Startup Preference" but I guess they didn't want to devote another dialog to this or split or rename the dialog...

Configured Retro and told it to shutdown. But really I would be really suprised when I come at my office tomorrow morning seeing all computer turned off and backed up. smile.gif

Maybe this was possible on macs but really I have my doubts this will be succesfull on windows machines! but we will see.

Ok as I thought not 1 computer turned off! even where retrospect is installed on didn't shut down.

It did back up the main computer and the two clients though but still I really hope there is a way to let all computer turn off automatically.

On my old macs all computer turned on at 7 am automatically did their back-ups at 5.15 pm and shut down after that, every day. Anyone successful doing this on wintel computers?? ( I doubt this )

Archived