Server reports wrong backup data size...

ambri

Hi,

I am using Retrospect Server 6.5. While previewing a Retrospect 6.5 client, the server reports that C: contains 866GB of data which requires backing up. I know that this is not true since the C: on the client is only 18GB. Then it says it cannot backup the client because Retrospect has a Catalogue limit of approx 560GB.

I have tried uninstall/re-install client software. Removed and added client from the Server. Retsarted both Server and Client several times. Same problems.

Also, the amount of data to be backup up changes when I use different selectors but no matter which selector I use, it always reports a huge amount (>100GB).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

George smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi Nate,

The OS is Windows 2000 Server.

The drive is an 18GB Fujitsu SCSI disk. Formatted NTFS.

It is attached locally to a PCI SCSI controller.

The problem only started happening when we upgraded from Retrospect 5.6 to 6.5.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Thanks,

George smile.gif

Hi

Are there any updates available for the SCSI controller?

I wonder what would happen if you installed Retrospect directly on the server and ran a test backup? I'd be interested to see if it showed the same size problem.

Are you able to define folders as subvolumes on the client and back them up that way? Or do you get the same size problems there too?

Thanks

Nate

• 11 months later...

Quote:

Hi,

I am using Retrospect Server 6.5. While previewing a Retrospect 6.5 client, the server reports that C: contains 866GB of data which requires backing up. I know that this is not true since the C: on the client is only 18GB. Then it says it cannot backup the client because Retrospect has a Catalogue limit of approx 560GB.

Hi,

I have the same problem - Retrospect report files being impossibly huge. E.g. using browse,

reports that a folder contains 800 Gb, with 5 files each over 300 Gb.

Server: Retrospect 5 running Mac OS 9.2

Client: Windows something

Ok, maybe I should upgrade, but it didn't have this problem yesterday, there haven't

been any big changes to either server or client.

Do I just reboot the client?

-darin

Archived