Selector in immediate restore

pannebaker

How do you bring up the list of predefined selectors when setting up an immediate restore?

The User's Guide, page 213 under Selector Examples, Client Restore Searching Selector, says, "This selector could be used during an immediate restore operation." But I can't find a way to bring up the list of selectors when setting up an immediate restore.

I can do it when setting up an immediate backup: click Backup, Backup, select a source, click Selecting, Fewer Choices. That brings up your list of predefined selectors.

But when you click Restore, Find Files, select a backup set and destination, and click Fewer Choices, it simply limits you to a universal Name condition.

How do you bring up your list of predefined selectors when setting up an immediate restore?

Click Restore, Find Files, select a Backup Set and Destination, click Add, and under 'Universal' click Selector. Then clicking the dropdown arrow in the 'selected by' field gives you a list of all your predefined selectors.

Thought of this lying in bed this morning, fifteen minutes before the alarm went off.

Actually makes more sense that the 'Fewer Choices' button in the Backup scenario, but isn't as obvious.

Thanks to all those who gave their time to looking into this for me.

Archived