Retrospect 5.0.205 and old backup sets

The readme for the updater that brings Retrospect Desktop to version 5.0.205 says that one problem fixed in the new version is, "...scanning icons/privileges of files with names longer than 31 characters."

I created my current backup set using the two previous versions of Retrospect Desktop (5.0.201, 5.0.203). Does this mean that my backup set contains erroneous icons or privileges for files with names longer than 31 characters? If so, does running an incremental backup of Retrospect 5.0.205 fix these errors? Or only a completely new backup set, from scratch?

Thanks.

Quick background:

Retrospect uses a file's icon to determine the file type on a Mac, and it keeps a database of this information -- the retro.icons file. Each time it scans, it adds new file types for new icons.

Previously, when Retrospect encoutered a new *OS 9.x* application file with a name longer than 31 characters, the retro.icons file got corrupted and the program quit. Since it's not common to have an OS 9 application with a long file name, this isn't affecting everyone.

Delete your retro.icons file (at /Library/Preferences/Retrospect), and 5.0.205 will rebuild it next time you back up. Your backup sets are not affected at all.

Archived