Power Outage and Recycle Backup

I was in the middle of doing a recycle backup that had taken the whole day. I was on the 3rd and last (I think) DVD when there was a power outage. I verified all members in the backup set to be fine. But I could not figure out how to simply pick up where it had left off. So I am having to spend another whole day redoing this backup. Is it possible to just continue after having it stop like that?

Quote:

I was in the middle of doing a recycle backup that had taken the whole day. I was on the 3rd and last (I think) DVD when there was a power outage. I verified all members in the backup set to be fine. But I could not figure out how to simply pick up where it had left off. So I am having to spend another whole day redoing this backup. Is it possible to just continue after having it stop like that?

I'd suggest that re-doing the Recyle backup would be safer.

No telling what happened as a result of the power outage.

Thanks. What I normally do is normal backups until I have exhausted th capacity of 5 DVD-RWs; then I do a recycle backup. I used to do two copies, but now that I have an external ABS drive as well, I use Retrospect as a backup to my backup as it was giving me such grief with my DVD-RWs. My version is 5.0.238. You say there is a 5.1? I was just wondering what I would gain from upgrading to 6.

Archived