Retrospect Versions

AmyJ

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Sure, soon as I get home I'll look that up. It is a Teac 55x CDRW of some sort.

5.15 says I don't have a driver for it for some reason. I am assuming that it is simply just not listed on the last driver update/patch available for 5.15 which I did get and install for my old CDRW. I do understand that Dantz has to at some time move on to other products and discontinue support for the obsolete ones. frown.gif

Thanks for the info,

You need to have Retrospect 6.5 or higher to use this device with Retrospect.

The "american Idol" thing is automatically assigned by the forum based on how many posts you make. Needless to say I'm trying to get to the next level asap.

Nate

Quote:

Thanks for the info,

You need to have Retrospect 6.5 or higher to use this device with Retrospect.

blush.gif Wow, I didn't expect that. I thought Retrospect 6.0 would be able to handle this drive. doh.gif

Quote:

The "american Idol" thing is automatically assigned by the forum based on how many posts you make. Needless to say I'm trying to get to the next level asap.

Nate

grin.gif OK, That is not a self appointed aggrandizement. (even if it was, I like a good laugh every now and then). Thanks for your help! wink.gif

BTW Where is Matsumoto, Japan?

Nate, Thanks for your info. I have been to Japan several times. I work with Lockheed Martin and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in Nagoya. I find your link to be very interesting and worth looking into. I attempted to send you a personal message but you are not receiving those. I too am fond of the ramen and fine sake when there but I am

very unskilled at choosing the sake. I hope this off topic departure will not upset readers that have come here to find help with backups too badly.

Again, Domo Arigato Nate.

Hey - off topic is fine with me. Doesn't happen very often around here.

Nagoya is 2 hours by train. It is worth the trip if you like mountains and hot springs! Of course the Sake is fantastic too.

Have you seen this sake site?

http://www.esake.com/Knowledge/Types/types.html

The names of each Sake type are Kanji worth remembering!

Nate

PS I'll turn on Private messages

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just joined - got a new Maxtor One Touch 350 with Retrospect Express 6.0 included.

What would be the advantage for me to upgrade to 6.5 Express?

I have to go to CompUSA and get a 4 to 6 pin converter for my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop Firewire port. Right now I'm using my USB 1.1 port (this Dell didn't come with 2)

I couldn't get anything to work last night, but then I decided to try unplugging my USB hub and having the new Maxtor be the only thing plugged into my USB ports - that worked.

I'm reading the forum avidly tonight - now I understand Dup vs. Backups at least.

Susan

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a similar question to FOwens. I just unpacked my Maxtor OneTouch, and find it has Rerospect 6.0.222. I am an experienced PC user, though new to Retrospect, so I know to go looking for a software update.

When I follow the link above, I find that there is a charge to upgrade to 6.5.342. This cannot possibly be correct! Can someone post the link for the "out of the box" free upgrade that every manufacurer on the planet provides? A distant second place would be an explanation of why I must pay to get the current version of something I just bought.

Pardon the tone, it is 3:34 am and I am a bit grumpy.

I have Retrospect Express HD version 1.0.196. This is a brand new product custom designed for the Maxtor One-Touch II drives that just came out. I don't see this listed anywhere on the "version" list. Does that mean this version is not supported and won't be patched when bugs are inevitably found? Or is it simply too new and not yet listed as an official version? Hopefully the latter.

• 2 months later...

Quote:

Hi

It is the latter. This is brand spanking new. Its actually a new product all together so it doesn't fit on the current list. Dantz will release updates and patches as needed.

Thanks

Nate

Where can a Maxtor user get support for this new product? I cannot install it without getting a "RetroExpress.exe, Application has generated an exception that could not be handled" error. Tried it on two machines with same problem. Is Windows XP SP2 causing this? I tried going to the Maxtor site, but didn't find any help or suggestions there. frown.gif

Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Archived