G5 and Retrospect 6 disables the DVD tray?

Hi

Im using a G5 with Phanter 10.3.2 and have tried the Retrospect 6 for backup.

The internal DVD writer is a Pioneer DVR-106D

If i trie to configure the drive the tray ejects and i insert a blank DVD-R but i cant close the tray again, the same happens i i try to backup a big set that needs several DVDs. The first DVD works fine but when it ejects and want me to insert a second DVD i cant close the tray again. I have to close Retrospect before im able to close the tray?

KT

Hi

The keyboard eject button is disabled when Retrospect is running. Unfortunately there isn't much Dantz can do about it for now. Just gently nudge in the CD tray about a quarter of an inch. The tray will automatically pull in the rest of the way.

Dantz has set up a notify for the issue:

http://list.dantz.com/mailman/listinfo/mac_keyboard_eject

Thanks

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for the reply smile.gif

Are you sure that i can use force to close the tray?

I have tried to close it by pushing it, but it feels so hard that i dont want to make to hard pressure on it.

Remember its a G5, i know how i could push in the tray on my old G4, but this is mutch harder!

But, i have read the post regarding this problem and have signed on the maillist!

KT

Hi

I can't say that I have tried it on a G5. Apple probably won't recommend pushing it in either. Every other burner/CD palyer I have ever seen will work when you push the drawer in but apple may be "thinking different".

Sorry I don't have a definitive answer for you.

Nate

• 1 month later...

Archived