Missing "About Retrospect…" from Apple Menu on 9.2

This was reported during the beta but still exists in the release.

The "About Retrospect…" is missing from the Apple Menu when Retrospect is the front most application when running on 9.2.2.

All Mac applications, except for tiny utilities, have this menu present and it's quite useful to check on the version of application running.

I was unable to reproduce this with a quick test I'm running 9.2.2 and I do have the About Retrospect option from the Apple Menu. This option is grayed out when a backup, duplicate or restore is happening; in that case you can open the Retrospect operations log to check the version.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Problem isolated!

I have FAXstf 6.0.5 installed on my 9.2.2 server. FAXstf puts a menu in the Apple menu right near the top. R 5.0 takes over that menu for itself but leaves the name FaxMenu. Clicking on FaxMenu brings up the About Retrospect dialog.

This was verified by installing R 5.0 on another computer, problem arose, and then using Conflict Catcher to isolate the problem. Disabling FAXstf results in the About Retrospect menu appearing normally.

Since all other applications I use have no problem with FAXstf installed, including R 4.3, this is a problem introduced with R 5.0.

...Tom

Archived