Retrospect Backup 5.1.167

What a fascinating place this is! (Obviously first-timer)

My problem relates to using Backup 5.1 in both OSX 10.2.6 and 9.2.2

The original configuration for the Teac CD-W216E was carried out under OSX but when attempting to write to this device the backup failed miserably (virtually 90% error rate). However, as I had originally installed the Backup in both OSX and 9.2.2 (on the same volume) I thought "What the heck, might as well try to run a backup in 9.2.2 to see what would happen"

Guess what? Only 8 files failed comparison out of 56000!

Now, I'd really like to know why I cannot get the same result under OSX: not that I mind especially having to restart with a different Startup Disk but if the programme is supposed to run under OSX I'd like to get my money's worth confused.gif

The CD-W216E has not been tested by Dantz on Mac OS according to the Storage Device Compatibility web pages, but there is an issue noted for Windows that might be relevant, on Windows you should use CD-R media media with this device.

Mac OS X provides very different internal support for hardware devices, so there is no guarantee that something which works on Mac OS 9 will also work on Mac OS X.

Archived