My ON wont stay ON

I really unsure of what i am talking about, and the only person who is involved with retropsect in this office has bigger problems that he is taking care of.. so I will try the best I can to explain..

I am running on os x 10.2.8... about 2 months ago I switched to os 9 to try something with a program, and my computer died (i got that horrid flashing question mark apple folder on restart). Eventually we got it running again.. We didnt lose any of the programs or anything, just 1.5 days of working time. Except if I remember right, retrospect was gone and we did reinstall it.

Everytime I came in in the morning I noticed I didnt back up again. Until this past week I hadn't backed up on retrospect since 9/24. Well its working now, but only if i go into my applications folder manually and turn it on.

Why wont my on button stay on after a computer restart?

What other info can I give you? Its a powerbook g4... retrospect client 5.0.540

if i go into preferences this is what is there

No check on read access only or private files

both notifications choices are clicked

backup is back up according to normal schedule

Does anyone have any thoughts?

I produce books and the thought of losing anything is terrifying.

Quote:

Why wont my on button stay on after a computer restart?

What other info can I give you? Its a powerbook g4... retrospect client 5.0.540

If you move the location of the OS X Client software from the default install location, the script located in the /Library/StartupItems/RetroClient/ folder will no longer be valid.

You can change the text in the script to reflect a new location if you want to, but the easiest way is to insure that the software is in its default location of /Applications/Retrospect Client/

Dave

Archived