Retrieving without Catalog

I am trying to rebuild my catalog since my computer crashed, but I need to access the files that are on the backup. I can find the files on Retrospect, but when I try to retrieve them, Retropect just scans through and claims "execution completed successfully" but it didn't even try to access the tapes, so the files are not actually retrieved to my computer. Is there a way to access the files now that the catalog is damaged? Please help! I really need to retrieve my documents.

Thanks, but I have been trying to rebuild the catalog, and have not successfully completed it . . . it is a very long process. I need access to my documents as soon as possible, and was wondering if there was a way to do that without the catalog completely rebuilt?

Hi

If you know the documents you need have been backed up recently you can start your recatalog on a later member of your set (halfway through maybe?). Just make sure you keep a copy of the catalog you are rebuilding now. That way you can always update it when you have more time.

Nate

Archived