Retrospect 5.0 OEM freezes in OSX Server 10.2.8

Hi,

I am having problems with Retrospect 5.0.238. 30 Clients, LaCIE Firewire AIT, Mac OSX Server 10.2.8 on a G4 mirror door. Have already wiped the HD and reinstalled OSX and Retrospect. Same problems persist.

Retrospect would freeze the computer, can't not force quit, while backing up. Sometimes the computer freezes, sometime I would get the "white box" warning that I must hole the power button down and reboot.

There is NOTHING else running on this computer except for Retrospect and file sharing.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Ed

>>Retrospect 5.0.238. 30 Clients, LaCIE Firewire AIT, Mac OSX Server 10.2.8 on a G4 mirror door

- Any other hardware attached?

- Any PCI cards (such as a SCSI host adapter)?

>>Retrospect would freeze the computer, can't not force quit, while backing up

- Assuming this is happening with Tape Backup Sets, can you successfully use File or CD/DVD backup sets without crashing?

>>sometime I would get the "white box" warning that I must hole the power button down and reboot.

Kernal panics are very often caused by hardware issues. There was also an issue with the first release of 10.2.8.

- Is your system completely up-to-date?

>>There is NOTHING else running on this computer except for Retrospect and file sharing.

Open the Terminal application and type "top" to see a list of all the things that are actually running. Even when providing file sharing services, OS X Server (and OS X desktop) runs many, many programs all the time.

Dave

Archived