Installation of 6.5.336 creates empty Config.msi directory

kaikow

Quote:

Mayoff said:

I found this directory on a Windows 2000 computer and not on XP.

Is this empty directory causing a problem?

I also found it on Win 2000.

The problem is that software must clean up after itself when installing/uninstalling.

Such temporary directories must be created in the app specific directory.

If directory does not appear on Win XP, then I'd say that there is a design crock/bug that is causing it to appear in Win 2000.

Worst is adding the registry key for directories used by Installer.

If the directory is truely to be used with Installer, then the file still belongs elsewhere.

The Config.Msi directory is a temporary directory created by the Windows Installer, not specifically the Retrospect installer which uses the Windows Installer. Sometimes this directory is not properly cleaned up after installing a program that uses the Windows Installer for installation. You can safely delete it.

Quote:

Hofstede said:

The Config.Msi directory is a temporary directory created by the Windows Installer, not specifically the Retrospect installer which uses the Windows Installer. Sometimes this directory is not properly cleaned up after installing a program that uses the Windows Installer for installation. You can safely delete it.

Good and I'll delete the registry entry too.

I've never seen that directory before, so I wonder why it showed up for a Retrospect installation. Something is not terminating correctly.

Archived