Launcher service sometimes doesn't work

abirch

Hi,

I have been using RE 5.6 for a while now. It is installed on an XP Pro laptop and is set to backup a Win2K file server to a USB Seagate Tapestor Travan drive (STT20000A version 8A51). I have three separate scripts running Monday to Thursday. Every now and again, the launcher fails to launch a script but as soon as I open RE the following morning, the script starts. It doesn't happen to just one script so I never know when it is going to occur. All scripts are set to auto logon as the domain administrator. I leave the laptop logged on as it is kept in a locked office overnight. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi Nate,

I don't reboot the machine every day but I do logon as several different users on any day. It doesn't hibernate or go on standby and is always mains powered. I think you may be about to suggest I reboot every day. I'll try this and see how it goes next week.

Thanks,

Alan.

Well, it's Thursday morning here in NZ and so far so good. I have rebooted the machine each day and the backup has worked fine. I'll keep an eye on it and post again if I have any more problems.

You mentioned re-installing the launcher service. How do I do that - just for information really but just in case?

Thanks.

Archived