Cannot recognize media - 3 different brands?

I am trying to install Retrospect 6 on a win2k computer. In trying to have the backups written to a cd drive I am guided through the cd configuration 'wizard'.

You recognize my cd-rw to be a Lite-on LTR-52246S. I am instructed to insert a blank cd. I did so and each time I put in a blank cd after the configuration clock spins a few times the cd drawer ejects the cd and I am instructed to put in a blank cd. Thinking this is a media quality issue I put in three different brands of cd-rw's and each was summairly rejected.

Help?

Thanks,

Jerry

I tried on Imation, Memorex and a private label Office Depot media.

Not sure what you mean by what interface?

Disk drive is a Liteon 52246s (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/new_p_e/english--p-rw522452.htm) as mentioned previously.

My bigger issue is I have to back up 13gb of data, and then do incremental backups. I would like to do this backup directly onto cd's.

Thanks

Quote:

Disk drive is a Liteon 52246s (
) as mentioned previously.

The LITE-ON LTR-52246S hardware mechanism is built into drives made by 4 different manufacturers (LaCie, EZQuest, Cendyne and OWC) as USB and Firewire devices in addition to the IDE version that you own. It's pretty common these days for vendors to "re-brand" hardware from another company. In some cases we support some versions of the drive and not others. wink.gif

That being said, make sure you download the driver update, as suggested by Nate. This drive requires Retrospect Driver Update 3.5.103 or higher.

Quote:

bizwizkid said:

I tried on Imation, Memorex and a private label Office Depot media.

Not sure what you mean by what interface?

Disk drive is a Liteon 52246s (
) as mentioned previously.

My bigger issue is I have to back up 13gb of data, and then do incremental backups. I would like to do this backup directly onto cd's.

Thanks

Can you use the media with your CD writing software, independently of Retrospect?

Do not use any media not recommended for use by th edrive manufacturer.

Archived