Disc "too different"

I recently upgraded to Retrospect Desktop 5.1. I am doing backups to CDs. When I now try to add a new CD to the backup set, I get the following dialog:

"The disc cannot be added to this backup set. It is too different from the other media in the set."

I have no choice but to abort. But the disc is *exactly* the same as the other members of the set. Same manufacturer (imation), 700MB, CD-R. Exactly the same specs.

I recall getting this error in the past with driver updates. I always fixed it by removing the driver update (still don't understand why that was necessary). Now I don't know what to remove. What gives and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Thanks for the links, but they do not seem to address my problem. The first link refers to tape backups, which I am not using. The second one seems to imply I should be having no problems. *All* my disks (including the first) are CD-R. In fact, they are all the same capacity and brand. The second link mentioned says

"If CD-R/RW media is used as the first member, then Retrospect will append to any type of media that this drive natively supports."

CD-R is the first member, so I read this to say I can use any type of media (I have a SuperDrive). However, I'm not even trying to use something different. The new disc also is CD-R.

Sorry if that wasn't clear initially. I had searched the forums and Knowledgebase, but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.

Archived