Does Retropect save snapshots for all automated backup sessions? or is there a way I can pull them from the media? Right now I have a weekly Recycle backup w/ daily Normal backups in between on the same Backup set. Is there a way that I can pull a snapshot off of tapes made from either another backup set or older backup set than listed in the "Retrieve" dialog box? I checked my set and I have it set to save snapshots, but right now (Oct. 3) I only have snapshots back to 9/27 listed. Should all of my backups have snapshots w/ them?

Right now I have older tapes that I can seem to get data off of confused.gif. Tell me that's not so! cryrub.gif

Hi

Retrospect keeps a snapshot of every volume for every backup by default. So the answer is yes you should be able to retrieve every snapshot for all of your backups. However, a recycle backup clears out all of your old snapshots and starts you from scratch. Any chance someone ran a recycle backup on the set?

If snapshots are missing there is also a possiblity that the catalog is damaged. You could try rebuilding the catalog but that can be a big job. That is equivallent to pulling the snapshots from the media.

Check the members tab in the properties for this set and make sure none of them are set missing.

Nate

Archived