Skip a client during backup job

blaqb0x

Hi,

I have a backup script that runs nightly. I noticed that one machine takes an extremely long time to backup sometimes because it is running some software that takes up 99% of CPU.

I'll usually notice this in the morning and want to just skip that machine and go on to the next.

How can I skip one client and go on to the next?

I'm running Multiserver 6.0 on win2k

thanx

• 2 weeks later...

I think (Retrospect is running right now so I cannot verify...) there's a setting to skip the client if backup performance falls below certain level.

Skip function, however, is not available. I agree it could be usefull (if it worked better than Stop function that freezes Retrospect sometimes)

computer.gif

Mikee

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mikee,

There is a script setting under Options:Client Execution called Speed Threshold that allows you to enter a minimum throughput value. If backup performance falls below this value for a particular client, Retrospect will move on to the next one. The default is zero, which allows a preoccupied client to stop the whole show. I set it to 20 or 30 as a matter of course.

(The PC that's sitting at 99% CPU usage -- is it running one of those 3D screensavers?)

Martin

Archived