Retrospect can't see drive connected with PCI firewire card

I installed 10.2 on a PM G3 with a Keyspan PCI firewire card. System Profiler can see the card, but Retrospect Workgroup 5.1 can't see the attached LaCie AIT firewire drive. With OS 9, Apple had a special driver for this card. Does anyone know how I can get backup working with OS X?

TIA,

Susan

Quote:

System Profiler can see the card, but Retrospect Workgroup 5.1 can't see the attached LaCie AIT firewire drive.

Forget Retrospect. Forget the card.

- Does the drive show up in /Volumes/ under OS X?

- Can you drag files to the drive and have them copy?

Retrospect sees drives the same way the Finder does.

- What exactly are you doing?

-d-

---

LaCie's website states that there is no driver needed for the tape drive under OS X. Keyspan's website states that there is no driver needed for the PCI/firewire card under OS X.

To clarify my previous post: I can't see the AIT drive under System Profiler, but I can see the PCI/firewire card.

No, the tape drive doesn't show up under Volumes.

The tape drive is connected properly, and was used immediately before the OS X upgrade.

Any ideas?

My bad; missed that it was a tape drive, and not a hard drive.

But if it doesn't show up in System Profiler, Retrospect's not going to see it, either.

Apple pulled the 10.2.8 updae for a reason (or many reasons). Hopefully they'll have a fix soon, or else you may want to do an Archive Install of a lower version of Mac OS X.

Dave

Archived